Before you begin...read this!
you on the road to Audio Hell? by Leonard Norwitz
- Vacuum Tube Versus Solid State Debate – The Audio Archive resource with summarizations and links to the IEEE article “The Cool Sound of Tubes” and the AES article by Russell O. Hamm, presented September 14, 1972, at the 43rd Convention of the AES, New York
- The Damping Factor Debate by George L. Augspurger of James B. Lansing Sound Inc.
- Damping Factor Explanation – Wikipedia article
- Damping Factor: Effects On System Response – by Dick Pierce
- Amplifier Output Impedance, Why It’s So Important – Transcendent Audio
- High-Resolution Audio – A Wikipedia article
- High-Resolution Audio: Everything You Need To Know – October, 2014 What HiFi article
- A Beginner's Guide to Cartridge Setup by Andrew Chasin
- Analogue Addicts Linn LP12 FAQ everything you could want to know
- A review of the Hi-Fi News & Record Review test record Might prove useful for those who want to learn more about it, and for those owners who find the notes on the sleeve a bit enigmatic.
- Cartridge Alignment: The Basics Explained by Galen Carol Audio with a PDF on VTA/SRA
- Phono Cartridge Alignment Protractor by Steven Rochlin of Enjoy the Music
- Vacuum State’s Cartridge Alignment Guide
- Phono Cartridge Protractor by Rowan McCombe's (aka The Guru)
- Setting Up Your FIRST Cartridge... by Thorsten Loesch
- Turntable System Setup by Laura Dearborn
- Secrets of the Phono Stage from Sound Practices #15 by Allen Wright of Vacuum State Electronics
- Tweaking your Record-Player by J. Gordon Holt
- Understanding the Issues behind Cartridge Alignment by Gary Markowitz. Covers overhang, zenith, etc.
- VTA Once and for All! by Jon Risch. Proposes an interesting method for setting arm height. Be sure to get the correction in the P.S
- Electrostatic Loudspeakers - Wikipedia article explaining ESLs.
- The Electrostatic Loudspeaker
Circuit - Commercial and DIY electrostatic
loudspeakers (ESLs). Lots of links and info!
- Linkwitz Lab - Siegfried Linkwitz's own site, with information on loudspeakers, crossovers, sound reproduction, room acoustics, etc.
- Transmission Line Speakers collection of transmission line speaker information and projects
- Audio Asylum - You don't have to be nuts to join in the discussions, but it helps!
- Electronic Visionary Systems - Ric Schultz's site has some very interesting tweaks
- Gresh's Audio Tweaks, Suggestions, and Links - Just what it says (long loading time).
- Jon Risch's Audio DIY Notes & Tweak Info - Good tips from a serious tweaker.
- Tips & Tweaks on budget HIFI equipment