Recent Website Changes:
- The page for the May, 2017 Destination Audio meeting at Courtyard by Marriott Wood Dale/Itasca has been added to the Past Meetings Menu.
- The March, 2017 newsletter has been added to the web site.
- The page for the March, 2017 meeting at Allen Richards' house has been added to the Past Meetings Menu.
- The page for the December, 2016 meeting at Quintessence Audio has been added to the Past Meetings Menu. A slideshow of pictures from the meeting has been added to the page.
- Slideshows of pictures from the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 12th floors from the AXPONA 2016 show have been posted to the web site. Remaining floors to follow. Captioning is still minimal, but pictures are there.
- Pictures, and the newsletter from the February, 2016 meeting have been posted to the site.
- Pictures, and the newsletter from the June, 2016 meeting have been posted to the site.
- Slideshows of pictures from the Lower Level, 1st and 2nd floors from the AXPONA 2016 show have been posted to the web site. Other floors to follow.
May 21, 2017
- Destination Audio exhibited their horn speaker system, amps, and preamp at AXPONA with an impressive sound in a small room.
March 5, 2017
- CAS member Allen Richards hosted the March 5, 2017 meeting at his home. Allen had two unique systems in two different listening rooms. System 1 consisted of PS Audio DirectSream DAC & Memory Player, McIntosh Tube electronics & Magnepan 3.7i Speakers on Mye Sound 3.7 Stands with a REL 505 Subwoofer. System 2 included the very new Tekton Double Impact loudspeakers ( 99 dB efficiency) driven by the Prima Luna Dialogue Premium Tube Integrated and the new Bluesound Node 2 streaming Tidal MQA.
December 4th, 2016
- Mick Survance of Quintessence Audio hosted our December meeting at his store in Morton Grove. Featured were Sonus Faber and Dynaudio speaker systems, Audio Research and Moon Evolution amplification, Berkeley Audio Design Reference DAC and Aurender digital source, and AMG and Clearaudio analog sources with DS Audio and HANA cartridges.
October 16th, 2016
- Bob Carver demonstrated his new Amazing Line Source (ALS) Loudspeaker System, with Raven 350 monoblock amps.
September 24th & 25th, 2016
- Stephen Merryweather organized the Elgin Audiophile Meetup, and extended the get-together with CAS. The meeting featured Matthew Formanek, designer and builder from Toolshed Amps, who brought along three of his designs to audition with Stephen's speakers, and also featured a record and used audio equipment sale as well.
August 21st, 2016
- Jeff Kenton hosted the August, 2016 meeting. Jeff has a large room with a system that includes a sophisticated Mac Mini computer setup, vinyl, 2 dual 15" subs to augment Infinity Reference 4.5 speakers, and a 108" AMPRO front projector to enjoy blu-rays. We listened to his newest DAC--the Lampizat0r Lite7 PLUS.
July 24th, 2016
- CAS member Rick Berta hosted the July 2016 meeting at his home. Rick has two audio systems in two separate listening rooms. His house features a 2000 sf main listening room in the basement. His systems featured a MAC Mini setup by Bob Clanfield, Viva tube VR40 amplifier, Weiss 202 DAC, Metrum Pavane and HEX DACs, Transfiguration Proteus phone cartridge, plus much more!
June 26th, 2016
- Brian Walsh from Essential Audio demoed Ryan Loudspeakers, Parasound Halo electronics, Aurender and Resonessence Labs Digital, and the Consonance Wax Engine Turntable.