Two-For this month: Open House At Toska Audio
Bob Carver and Frank Malitz who met with us last fall will be hosting an Open House at the new Toska Audio location in Highland Park this Thursday, December 14th, STARTING AT 6:00PM. Below is the full official announcement:
Recent Website Changes:
- A slideshow of pictures from the December, 2017 meeting has been added.
- The page for the November, 2017 Superior Audio hosted by Joe Galanti has been added to the Past Meetings Menu. A slideshow of pictures from the meeting has been added to the page.
- The November, 2017 newsletter has been added to the web site.
- The July & September, 2017 newsletters have been added to the web site.
- The May & June, 2017 newsletters have been added to the web site.
- Slideshows of pictures have been added to their respective pages for the March and May, 2017 meetings.
- The page for the June, 2017 ImmersAV hosted by Robert Schulien has been added to the Past Meetings Menu.
- The page for the May, 2017 Destination Audio meeting at Courtyard by Marriott Wood Dale/Itasca has been added to the Past Meetings Menu.
- The March, 2017 newsletter has been added to the web site.
- The page for the March, 2017 meeting at Allen Richards' house has been added to the Past Meetings Menu.
- The page for the December, 2016 meeting at Quintessence Audio has been added to the Past Meetings Menu. A slideshow of pictures from the meeting has been added to the page.
- Slideshows of pictures from the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 12th floors from the AXPONA 2016 show have been posted to the web site. Remaining floors to follow. Captioning is still minimal, but pictures are there.
- Slideshows of pictures from the Lower Level, 1st and 2nd floors from the AXPONA 2016 show have been posted to the web site. Other floors to follow.
July 23, 2017
- Rick Berta-Featured multiple custom horn and S.E.T. amp systems including Weiss 202 DAC, Lowther drivers, Mapleknoll turntable, Transfiguration Proteus, and more were demoed.
June 11, 2017
- Robert Schulien of ImmerSAV presented: Creating Audio for Virtual Reality Applications. This presentation covered the elements of binaural audio as they relate to producing compelling entertainment and educational content for virtual reality applications.
May 21, 2017
- Destination Audio exhibited their horn speaker system, amps, and preamp at AXPONA with an impressive sound in a small room.
March 5, 2017
- CAS member Allen Richards hosted the March 5, 2017 meeting at his home. Allen had two unique systems in two different listening rooms. System 1 consisted of PS Audio DirectSream DAC & Memory Player, McIntosh Tube electronics & Magnepan 3.7i Speakers on Mye Sound 3.7 Stands with a REL 505 Subwoofer. System 2 included the very new Tekton Double Impact loudspeakers ( 99 dB efficiency) driven by the Prima Luna Dialogue Premium Tube Integrated and the new Bluesound Node 2 streaming Tidal MQA.
December 4th, 2016
- Mick Survance of Quintessence Audio hosted our December meeting at his store in Morton Grove. Featured were Sonus Faber and Dynaudio speaker systems, Audio Research and Moon Evolution amplification, Berkeley Audio Design Reference DAC and Aurender digital source, and AMG and Clearaudio analog sources with DS Audio and HANA cartridges.
October 16th, 2016
- Bob Carver demonstrated his new Amazing Line Source (ALS) Loudspeaker System, with Raven 350 monoblock amps.
September 24th & 25th, 2016
- Stephen Merryweather organized the Elgin Audiophile Meetup, and extended the get-together with CAS. The meeting featured Matthew Formanek, designer and builder from Toolshed Amps, who brought along three of his designs to audition with Stephen's speakers, and also featured a record and used audio equipment sale as well.