- Slideshows of pictures from the Lower Level, 1st and 2nd floors from the AXPONA 2016 show have been posted to the web site. Other floors to follow.
August 21st, 2016
- Jeff Kenton hosted the August, 2016 meeting. Jeff has a large room with a system that includes a sophisticated Mac Mini computer setup, vinyl, 2 dual 15" subs to augment Infinity Reference 4.5 speakers, and a 108" AMPRO front projector to enjoy blu-rays. We listened to his newest DAC--the Lampizat0r Lite7 PLUS.
July 24th, 2016
- CAS member Rick Berta hosted the July 2016 meeting at his home. Rick has two audio systems in two separate listening rooms. His house features a 2000 sf main listening room in the basement. His systems featured a MAC Mini setup by Bob Clanfield, Viva tube VR40 amplifier, Weiss 202 DAC, Metrum Pavane and HEX DACs, Transfiguration Proteus phone cartridge, plus much more!
June 26th, 2016
- Brian Walsh from Essential Audio demoed Ryan Loudspeakers, Parasound Halo electronics, Aurender and Resonessence Labs Digital, and the Consonance Wax Engine Turntable.
February 21st, 2016
- Duane Randleman from Audio Bunker, of Bettendorf, IA demoed a fine audio system featuring recent models from Musical Design and Exemplar Audio. Dale Pitcher from Theorem Science was also on hand demoing his unique prototype monoblocks.
December 13th, 2015
October 25th, 2015
September 20th, 2015
- The September 2015 meeting was hosted by Toska Audio in Mt. Prospect. The meeting featured KEF Blade Two and Reference 1 loudspeakers along with electronics (preamp, amp and DAC) from Raven Audio, as well as phono stages from Perla Audio and Modwright.
August 23, 2015
- CAS member Rick Berta hosted the August meeting at his home. The meeting featured two separate horn-loaded systems and tube amplifiers.
July 26, 2015
- CAS member Jeff Kenton hosted the July meeting at his home in Mc Henry. Jeff has a large room with a system that includes a sophisticated Mac Mini computer setup, vinyl, 2 dual 15" subs to augment Infinity Reference 4.5 speakers, and a 108" AMPRO front projector to enjoy blu-rays. We did a listening comparison between two of the latest highly regarded DACs - the Lampizator 4+ G5 and the new Mytek Manhattan. The two DACs were run thru a 2012 MacMini I7 with 16GB RAM and 240 GB SS hard drive with UpTone Audio JS-2 Power Supply, DC conversion /MMK fan controller, and USB regenerator. In addition to the listening session, there were free libations and a cookout. A great time was had by all in attendance.
June 14, 2015
- Our playback system for the June meeting Was an entry-level audiophile system from Napa Acoustic. The system consisted of their second smallest mini-monitor speakers, the BOW-III, an SW-801 matching tuned subwoofer, their NA-208Ae hybrid tube and solid state integrated amp, an NA-208MP High Definition DAC, their cables and their NA-3900 Audio Power Conditioner. If you heard them at AXPONA, this system was the larger of the two systems, and designated as System 2. The source will be an OPPO 105D universal player provided by Dennis Anderson, or Hi-Res Audio files. Hi-Res Audio and CD-quality files will be played off a USB stick. The Napa Acoustic DAC is limited to 24-bit/128KIIIfiles. The system is being shipped to Rich, and no representative from Napa Acoustic was there.
May 17, 2015
- The May, 2015 meeting was hosted by Klaus Bunge of Odyssey Audio. Odyssey Audio engineers and manufactures their own products in Indianapolis and sells direct to audiophiles through their website. Klaus, the founder of the company demoed an all-Odyssey system, with the exception of the source. The source was a Symphonic Line CD player that he is the distributor for. The playback system consisted of Khartago Mono Block Amplifiers, a Candela Tube Preamplifier, and the Kismet Beryllium Reference Loudspeakers. The system was wired with Groneberg Quattro Reference speaker and interconnect cables, a highly regarded German cable that Odyssey also distributes. There was a large turnout for the meeting, and the system sounded great. Many thanks to Klaus for a great meeting!